Pretty In Pink

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Learning is Fun!!

I was away from the office for 2 days! A "holiday" of sorts, always good to be away from work, in my opinion....haha! I wasn't looking forward to the workshop, was expecting it to be boring and filled with boring people. But then when I entered the room and saw my coursemates coming in, I got a positive vibe. We were all quiet and shy at first then after lunch on the first day, we got a bit more chatty. I must say the trainer is a great facilitator, humourous and so willing to share her experiences and thoughts and encouraged all of us to do the same.

The workshop was called "Effective Administrative Skills and Duties". It was a great 2 days, learnt a lot about my work and how I can improve on it, learnt more about myself and my thinking style made new friends! We did the Nad Hammon test to see what kind of thinkers we were. I'm in the Yellow category! Yellow thinkers are creative, full of ideas, hates rules and procedures coz we tend to break them and we do our work the way we like and more often than not, we have fun in the process! Oh God, I hate procedures, so what am I doing being an administrator?! The other categories were the Blues - logic-driven with plenty of leadership qualities, the Reds - sensitive, feeling and emotional people, the greens - procedural and analytical people. Very interesting indeed!! We were then put into groups based on our thinking styles. And the Blue group were serious and got down to work immediately, the greens took a bit more time than everyone else (coz gotta analyse everything first!), the reds also took more time (gotta do bonding first, touchy-feely) and the yellows well....plenty of hee-hee-ha-has and jokes in my group but we finished first ! We just had so much fun throughout the whole workshop! I can't wait to go for my next training! So much out there to learn, so much new knowledge and skills to learn, so many new friends to make!!!

Today, as usual, went to play badminton with the gang! And as usual, Sarah and I were the first to arrive. Lewis always late...what's new?! It was extra tiring today, not sure why. And I got a headache after the game. Maybe because I haven't been getting enough rest for this whole week. Thanks to my bloody neighbour upstairs, making so much noise in the middle of the night every night!!! After badminton, I came back home to take a nap but then my headache is still horribly achy. So, I'm gonna go sleep now....gotta wake up early tomorrow for breakfast with Ange and Mark and then pedicure and shopping, so it will be a lllllloooooonng day tomorrow!

Oyasumi everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home