Pretty In Pink

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Botanic Gardens....Here we come!!

+*Part 1*+

Oh no! Metro had a weekend sale - storewide 20% off from Friday to Sunday! And guess what? I went to 2 different Metros on Friday and Saturday and bought so many things!! I've decided to ban myself from going to Metro on Sunday in case I buy somemore stuff!

Went to watch A Shark Tale on Friday with my honey. It was well...so-so. Not really funny and it's really quite pointless. Of course, I couldn't help comparing it with Finding Nemo. The latter wins hands down, no doubt about it! A Shark Tale just doesn't have a good storyline, nor a good moral, nor any heartwarming, tear-jerking moments. All the elements of a great show it doesn't have. I find it all quite pretentious actually. Sure, it did have some funny moments but were all blah to me.

Today's a lazy Sunday, slept late last night and woke up quite late this morning. Actually planned to go Botanic Gardens for a walk in the morning with my honey but then now gotta change plans and go in the late afternoon. Have to remember to bring my camera! I love to take pictures of flowers, trees, birds, etc. Hope I get to see some swans. The last time we went there, the lake was empty due to some upgrading works going on.

Hmmm....wonder what Ange is doing in HK now? Lucky gal, must be shopping and eating till she drops!!

Have to go get ready, my honey's coming to pick me up about 3 and I take ages to shower, get dressed and made up! Darn....I just remembered that I need a sunblock for body, well, must get it soon! Off to the Gardens!!

+*Part 2*+

Back from the Botanic Gardens. So disappointed! Didn't get to see the swans again...this time even the swan lake has been blocked up. The place seems to be undergoing major upgrading works and will finish only in early 2005. I've gotta go there again next year. I'm not gonna rest till I actually see some swans there! Anyways, took some photos....just to share a few here...


*Alan in front of a pond and some plants*


*The most crowded area - big open green space where families, couples, doggies, etc, gather to have fun*


*Me in front of a really huge tree, just check out the tree trunk!*


*Awww....isn't this little fellow cute? I love tortoises and they're everywhere in the Gardens! *

Well, I may not have seen much of anything in the Gardens today but then at the very least, my legs were given a nice workout!

Sigh....can't believe its back to work again tomorrow! Isn't it amazing how the weekend just whizzes past so fast?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home