Pretty In Pink

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rock on AI!

Bon Jovi still rocks!!

It was a fabulous night on AI yesterday!! My fav theme....Rock and what's more, Jon and David were guiding the idols on their performances. I started loving the band when I was 14. Was on holiday in Perth then and watching mtvs then their song Keep the Faith came on and I was seriously hooked. Rock music takes me away to a different realm like no other genre can.

My fav performances of the night....it's a draw between Phil and Lakisha.

Was starting to find Lakisha not-so-appealing then she sang last night, This Ain't a Love Song. For a huge Bon Jovi fan like moi, I've never heard it before and she sang it beautifully. Like Randy said, Lakisha is back! And Phil did an solid one with Blaze of Glory, one of my favs - classic Bon Jovi.

My usual fav Jordin didn't do very well last night. Not her kinda songs I guess. Wrong song choice as the judges love to say. She could have chosen a slow rock song instead of Living on a Prayer.

Blake was ok, he does have a voice for rock but being a true-blue rock fan, I didn't really like the way he changed the song around. Only liked the chorus as that's the only time the song sounded like it should.

My other fav guy Chris did unexpectedly well for this. When I heard he chose the song Wanted Dead or Alive, my first thought was "uh-oh!". It's not an easy song to sing but he did well.

All 6 of them have really grown on me, I don't want anyone to leave!

But anyways, the greatest rock band of all time (in my opinion) will be performing on AI tonight! Shit, I'm so looking forward to that! Too bad it'll only be one song, well I should be thankful for small favours.

P.S Thanks Jol for the little package you sent. The 2 magnets are sitting pretty on my fridge door. And yes, I do love 'em tabbies! And I can't wait for my very own tabby baby to come into my home.

P.P.S It's momma cow's birthday today! The family's going out for a nice, simple dinner. Happy birthday to the most important woman in my life, a woman whose strengths and energy levels I can never hope to live up to! She's got more energy at 60 then me at 2_!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home