Pretty In Pink

Sunday, June 01, 2008

My Poor Daddy....

This Fathers' Day, all I want ask is for my daddy to be conscious enough to hear me wish him a happy fathers' day.

Since 25 April, he has been in the hospital fighting for his life. We rushed him to the hospital as he was vomiting and feeling pain all over his body. He was scanned and x-rayed at the hospital and they found that there was free has in his stomach area. After the operation, the doctor said he found a huge gastric ulcer and had to remove part of the stomach and connect it back to the large intestines. It was a major op and the doctor said he's worried about healing due to the fact that my dad taking steroids previously for his throat ulcer.

Everytime we think he's gonna be fine soon, he gets some complication. One day in May, we even came so close to losing him. It's a good thing, the doctors and nurses in the hospital reacted so fast to his sudden and drastic drop in oxygen level. Due to the lack of oxygen, he suffered a cardiac arrest and has since then been in the ICU. He needs the ventilator to help me breathe, dialysis to help his kidneys function, medication for his weak heart and to fight the extremely stubborn infections.

All of us feel so sad for him, a healthy man whose only problem was hypertension. Now with all his vital organs weakened and he's so skinny and pale with so many tubes and medication in him. I think my dad must feel even worse, he's the one suffering all the pain now.

Everytime I visit him, I tell him he must get well soon and not give up. I want to celebrate so many more Fathers' days and birthdays with him.

God bless my dearest daddy!

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Miss Leney said...

I'm so sorry that this happened to your dad and your family. I'll keep him in my prayers. Stay strong sweetie. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home