Pretty In Pink

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Captain & His Lovely Bride - 6/6/06

In the midst of my own wedding preparations, I received bad news about a dear gentleman I got to know from my previous job. A generous and humourous old guy who had style, class and everything other men just dream about. Quite the ladies man, I would say. Used to call him Papa Smurf. This nickname came about after I saw a photo of him in light blue overalls, with his gray hair, he really reminded me of Papa smurf!

Papa Smurf is sick and may leave us all soon. He and his long-time partner would like to get married after about 15 years together.

So we all attended a lovely wedding filled with love, happiness, some bittersweetness and above all, loads of style. We can expect no less from the Captain and his devoted wife. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room when the bride went up to sing Stand By Your Man with the 2-man band. We all knew she was singing from her heart. A woman for all to look up to.

It was great for me to see the Captain after so many years and I hope to see him again soon. It was a privilege to be a guest at this very special wedding.

Some pictures from one of the loveliest and most emotional weddings I've ever been to...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My best wishes and congratulations to the newly-wedded couple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home